Forage slow-stitch cottage kit
Cottage for Christmas
Forage by Lisa Mattock designed these charming slow-stitch cottages for you to make using reclaimed fabrics with simple stitching and sprinkles of ric rac, fabric yo yos, buttons or trims of your choice. You can embellish the cottages as much or as little as you like! You’ll find them a delight to stitch and keep or to give as a gift.
Included in your kit:
- 2 pieces of vintage 1920s hand-stitched ‘cutter quilt’
- 3 skeins of Cottage Garden hand-dyed thread in Raspberry, Spruce and Silver Fir
- Specially curated selection of Forage reclaimed fabric scraps sourced from Lisa Mattock’s travels to France, the UK and the USA in complementary colours
- 10 Vintage mother of pearl buttons
- #22 Chenille needle
- Paper templates for the roof, walls and floor of your cottage
- Fabric in each kit varies for one-of-kind houses. Sufficient fabric (excluding calico backing fabric) to complete one house. You’ll need about 45 x 45cm calico.
- Toy fill for stuffing not included in kit.
- Feel free to incorporate embellishments such as lace, ric rac, ribbons and buttons from your own collection to truly make this project your own.
To download project instructions, go to bhg.com.au/slow-stitch-cottage